Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi commonly known as Mahatma Gandhi. In India he is well known as “Father of the Nation”. For him knowledge must be gained on two levels, primary and secondary. Gandhi ji was a great freedom fighter during the time India was under British Raj. He was one of the leaders towards our Independence. During his lifetime he made himself the inspirational figure. So here is the list of few of his inspirational quotes.
1. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
He wanted every individual to live his life to the fullest. No work should be penned for tomorrow, as that tomorrow never comes. Also Learning was the essential part of one’s life. One must learn with all their heart and interest as if that knowledge will be used as a daily supplement like Oxygen.
2. Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
He believed attaining freedom is to have a freedom of making mistakes too. If you are set to be free and still don’t have any chance of improving your mistake, then it is not the true freedom or probably you are still imprisoned.
3. You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
For him, one can be beaten, harassed, imprisoned physically. But the mind is such a powerful weapon that nobody can destroy it. One must have a strong will and determination in his mind so that nobody harms it.
4. Whatever you believe about yourself on the inside is what you will manifest on the outside.
As believed by Swami Vivekananda Ji, he also believed that thoughts must be clear and must be minded. What we think in our brains is what we act out physically.
5. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
The legend believed that physical strength is not the strength to be counted. One must be strong from the mind. (Not intelligence). One’s “will” should be determined. The stronger your will is, more strength an individual gains.
6. The future depends on what you do today.
The deeds of our present shape our future. So one must try to harp on the present than to seek for future.
7. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
When an individual sets one goal and they are beyond another’s reach, they ignore you; as for them you are not capable for it. Soon you are on a ladder to achieve it, and suddenly you have a fall, it’s the time for them to laugh at you. With all the hurdles and breaks, when you succeed, and they try to compete with you, it’s the time of realization for you that you have actually won the battle.
“A man with sound knowledge and will has the power to attain anything and everything in his life.” so did he.